Monday, May 9, 2011

Ombre Waves










Not sure how ombre haircolor became such a trend. I must have been way ahead of the game when I was growing out my color a few years back...along with everyone else apparently! I think this trend is an extension of our carefree attitude with fashion. Everything has become so relaxed and so worn in. The key words in my wardrobe are vintage, comfortable, oversized, soft, disheveled but in a very calculated way. The same goes for my hair. Love me a messy tousled wave! I am curious to try this ombre look again. I've seen many pictures with this color and it seems that only slightly messy wavy hair looks good with this process. Stick straight hair is just too extreme and doesn't look natural with the two toned color.

Here is a tip for luscious waves with no curling iron or rollers required! Way too damaging.

1.divide slightly damp hair into 2 sections (as if you are making a braid on each side) and twist it into a bun and secure with a small hairclaw or rubber band. blast for a few seconds with your blowdryer on the hot setting.
2.Leave on while your doing your make-up and getting dressed.
3.As your about to head out the door, blast the blowdryer again but this time on the cool setting.
4.Take out the buns and viola! Shake out the waves and rub in some shine serum but careful not to run your fingers thru the hair too much or you'll take out the wave. I like to rub the ends and then scrunch the rest of the hair. Frederic Fekkai glossing cream is AMAZING!!! Gives incredible moisture and shine. Has olive oil in it....SO good for your hair. Just a drop does the job.


Will keep you posted if I decide to give the Ombre haircolor a shot....

No comments: